You Can Help
Here's what you can do to promote sustainability on campus:
- Choose meals responsibly: waste not, want not.
- Stop waste and a growing waistline by portioning your plate. Try filling one-half of your plate with fruits and vegetables, one quarter with a lean source of protein, and fill the remaining quarter with a starch such as brown rice or potatoes. By portioning your plate, you will not only ensure a balanced meal, but you will also cut down on waste. If you want seconds, you can always go back for more.
- Eat seasonally.
- Limit the number of napkins you use.
- Use your Lug a Mug. Not only do you help the environment, you get discount beverages at Tyler's Grill.
- Request paper bags for carryout only at Tyler's Grill and other food service locations.
- BYOB (Bring your own bag) to Eight Fifteen at Boatwright, ETC and the Dean's Den. ETC will give you a five-cent credit/bag for using your own bags.
- Recycle Aluminum cans throughout campus at the designated recycling stations.
- Leave permanent ware in our food facilities (dishes, glasses, utensils, etc) so we do not have to replace it
- Dine in rather than carry-out whenever possible
- Properly dispose of packaging and waste.
- Join campuses nationwide and "go trayless" when dining at the Heilman Dining Center. It reduces our global impact on the enviornmnt by:
- Reducing food waste
- Reducing dishwashing and the use of chemicals for washing trays
- Conserving energy
- Conserving water