To conserve energy we will:
- Purchase from local vendors to reduce "food miles," the distance a product travels from farm to table.
- Use natural lighting and lighting sensors.
- Use high-efficiency compact fluorescent light bulbs. Recplace incandescent lighting with more energy efficient led bulbs.
- Encourage public transportation
- Conserve water by using the thaw-down coolers instead of thawing under running water, and cooking vegetables by steaming or sautéing instead of boiling. In doing so, we will save water and preserve more of the nutrient value of the vegetables.
- Provide preventive maintenance of all vehicles and equipment. Only purchase energy star equipment.