Our Sustainability Commitment
University of Richmond Dining Services will reduce its ecological footprint and meet sustainability objectives by:
- Encouraging healthy eating habits by providing a balanced menu focusing on quality and variety of healthy foods, nutrition education, and special diet counseling and guidance.
- Listing Feeding Fitness healthy selections on printed menus, TV menu monitors and menu signs in green print. Selections will be based on the American Dietetic Association's recommendations for a healthy diet, and include foods with 30 percent or fewer calories from fat.
- Providing a Nutrition Calculator for all menu items at each campus dining location to calculate the nutrition facts.
- Using the Virginia Fruit and Vegetable Availability Calendars as a guide to incorporate local produce on our menus and to increase awareness of eating seasonally.
- Ensuring foods served and sold are safe by using the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) food safety management program, which monitors food safety from the receiving point to the plate.
- Offering vegetarian and vegan selections for customers who prefer meatless menu selections.
- Continued use of trans-fat free oils in all Dining Services locations.
- Maintaining a smoke-free environment in all Dining Services locations.